Friday, November 21, 2008

Allow me to introduce myself


Poetry Is the one act I perform that gives me a since of freedom. To write your thoughts down on a piece of paper, a napkin, or in your hand and watch these words manifest into a play, a song, or a book is one of the most beautiful feelings on earth.

I would like to say it is better than sex but I would be embellishing greatly.
But I do feel the feeling of joy to create is like no other feeling.

I authored my first book of poetry in 1993 "The Reflection Of A Black Man Mind"
This book displayed the thoughts of my early years as a writer. My mind was very political and either wanted to know answers to problems or wanted to create them.

In 1998 I recorded my first CD entitled "Revolutionary Thoughts." This freshman project help cement my place on the Philadelphia poetry scene. Although I ran a poetry series a "Gloria's Cafe" on 29th and Girard this project allowed many more people to hear me other than locally.

In 2008 I released my Sophmore CD entitled "Speak EZ N2 The Blu" which is a emotional and more insightful look into my personal pain, love, and experiences.
All can be picked up at www.poeticventures.com or CDbaby.com

I am look forward to share thoughts, Ideas, and experiences with you.

No comments: