Monday, January 19, 2009

I Have A New Dream


I have a New Dream
That Little black boys and black girls stop getting killed in the cross fire of their neighborhoods.

I have a New Dream
That we as black people will study and learn about our true selves and no longer allow other cultures to define who we are.

I have a New Dream
That black men stop turning their neighborhoods into killing fields and black women stop allowing themselves to be exploited in such degrading ways.

I have a New Dream
That we as parents will begin to take a better interest in our children educational future and stop expecting other institutions and people to handle our affairs with them

I have a New Dream
That we as a collective will stimulate economic growth in our community by creating and spear heading entrepreneural businesses and supporting them.

I have a New Dream
That we will begin to respect life,respect our elders, our father, and mothers as God intends us to.

I have a New Dream
That we as Beautiful Black African people come together collectively and address all of our problems so that we can return to greatness as a people once again.

I have a New Dream
For you, for me, our children and our future.

Written by James E. Johnson Jr. (Aka) Osyimwese Nadir Karume

No comments: