Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What A Great Day


Woke this morning to history
it stared me in the face with reflections of
Martin, Malcolm, kunta,Emmit, those ancestors lost along the way

The chill in the air did not come from the Artic, It came from the millions
of Ancestors who came to bear witness to an historic event in the universe
nestled between millions of people they all stood proud.

If you listened to the wind you would hear the drums of Kenyan, Masai,congo,and morrocan warriors play.
The bugles of the soldiers who battled for our freedom on this soil slaves and country men
and if you close your eyes and really listen you will hear the tears of Fredrick Douglass stream down his face.
I woke this morning to history

Where every man, woman, and child, jew and gentile stood in the center of this land and proclaimed
that I am American! African, Hispanic, Irish, german, italian, Haitain, Jew, and Arab.
With no care and no fear of the future but with hope of the progress to come.
I woke this morning to history

I am only one of millions who some time ago pressed the button of hope to end tyranny and uncertainty in my heart.
My choice was made in hope of setting us apart once again from a world that was ran without a compass.
My choice was made in order to chart a new path through a new man who respected my voice and my choice.
I woke this morning to history

Got down on my knees and thanked God for Barack Obama 44th Presidency.

What a Great Day

Osayimwese Nadir Karume.

No comments: