Sunday, August 4, 2013

Little Black Boy Wonder (Continued)

Little Black Boy Wonder I still hear your voice, your cry as tears rolls from my eyes You, stood strong in the face of the hate that emanates from southern skies Little Black Boy Wonder Your life and your memory will not be lost in vain Memories of your pain strains my heart as the grass was left blood stained Little Black Boy Wonder You fought for your right to exist, our rights to exist You made the ultimate sacrifice and were determined to resist Little Black Boy Wonder Too many of you lie in fields of concrete as another mother pains her lost We will sacrifice our lives to uphold your legacy no matter the cost Little Black Boy Wonder I look at you daily as, you walk in front of me, walk around me, You’re my son who looks just like me Little Black Boy Wonder They can’t ever erase who you truly came to be A soldier, a fighter, a reminder Of the little black boy wonder in me. Struggle…..

No comments: