Sunday, August 4, 2013

Southern Trees (Trayvon Reflection)

Southern trees swing in the breeze as the blood of strange fruit absorbs in the soil The spoils, of another soul promise for greater things as a shot heard around the world rings. Southern trees swing in the breeze Where we once lived in a nation when a slave ran to escape a plantation a time long past until a night that would open old wounds fast Southern trees swing in the breeze still in a nation where my skin is my sin no matter how innocent i seem still not to be able to win my struggle will not be in vein despite the pain nor will my memory wain for many shall carry on my name as Southern trees swing in the breeze some say I am the new Emit Till and I say I am the reality that you are living still Not free, Not free, to be me as Southern trees swing in the breeze A strange fruit,..... huh.....me

No comments: